Saturday, January 22, 2011

Sweet Friendship

Maria

A few weeks ago, Miles received a photo of a drawing by his friend from Jordan, Maria. It was a volcano with a skull & crossbones on it. After a year and a half of not seeing each other, Maria had thought about what Miles's interests were and drawn this and sent it to him. This was after I had sent Falastin, her mom and my friend, a message telling her that Miles still considered Maria his girlfriend. In Jordan, at ages 4 & 5, they decided they would get married when they grew up.

So Miles then made this (ballerinas on stage) which we sent to her. She has since made another volcano picture (above). 
 





4 comments:

  1. First - how can I get a hard copy of those two gorgeous photos of Miles?
    Tell him I love the detail in his picture. Still amazed at his artistic talent. Look forward to being able to sit with him as he tells the stories of his drawings.
    Sweet friends - glad they're staying in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, that is the sweetest thing I've heard in a long time...:). Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apparently in Copenhagen Maria had a friend over for a sleep-over this weekend, and they were on facebook looking at photos of Miles in my albums.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Tracy. Reading this made me happy. So very, very sweet and pretty amazing that they are of the age now that they will always remember one another.

    ReplyDelete