Monday, March 16, 2009

Night-time Performance

Transcription:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Once I caught a fish alive 
(segue into made-up song)
Two tige-e-ers
This my-y ba-a-rette 
(in fact, it's mine, note slight challenging expression)
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Then I let it go again
(with a little prompting from mommy)
Why did you let it go?
Because it bit my finger so.
Why... Sing with me!
Which finger did he bite?
This little finger on my right. Ow!
(segue into pretending she's a cat cleaning herself)


I want it baa.... (she's referring to the aforementioned tiny hair clip on which she'd been chewing)
...insert practical, callous mommy's unnecessary explanation for the obvious...as well as delegitimizing, modern-parenting apology...followed by successful distraction
That one. I want you to read the ant one. "Hey, Little Ant."
(...mother not hearing her daughter give the actual title of the book can only speak from her less specific memory...the one about the ants?)
yeah...the one about the ants

2 comments:

  1. Eliza -- what a beautiful song you made up. I will try to learn it so we can sign it together then next time we see each other! I also like your imitation of Kitty cleaning herself. How are the flips coming?
    Love, Grammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! Eliza's performance & drama sound much like what we hear from Jackson these days :)

    ReplyDelete